Installing an Ad Hoc Distribution on your iOS device (.ipa)
You will need:
- The application .ipa file
- The .mobileprovision file for the application
- The Device: the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad associated with the UDID being used
- The computer you normally sync with your Device
Your distributor will most likely send the .ipa and .mobileprovision files to you via email.
Installing the Application
- If not already done so, download the .ipa and .mobileprovision files to your machine and keep them some place handy like your desktop.
- PC: Drag-and-drop the .ipa and .mobileprovision file onto Library, Applications in iTunes.
MAC: Drag the .ipa and .mobileprovision file to the iTunes icon in your dock.
- Make sure the application shows up in Library‚ Applications. Dont panic, the icon is supposed to look like that.
- In iTunes, select your Device from the side bar then head over to the Application tab for your device. Double check to make sure the new app is checked.
- Sync your Device and BOOM! Enjoy your new app.